Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum performance

33 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: jdiaz

Thank you for your fast reply. We're using PHP 5.6.30 in Google Cloud, the server has following specs:

Machine type
n1-standard-2 (2 vCPUs, 7.5 GB memory) with SSD

The page loads slower without the cache plugin enabled, and only the forum page, other pages take 2-3 seconds to load.

Please do the following if you can:

1. Switch to PHP 7 IF you can easily do that.Enable also OPCACHE in PHP.

2. Disable and uninstall WP Super Cache plugin and also remove manually the path it leaves in WP config.php.

3. Install Comet Cache, Enable it, and set it to a low time-to-live, like 5 minutes or so.

1 Reply
(@jdiaz)

Eminent Member

Thank you!, I'll try this and let everybody know here.

(@souza)

Yes I don't get it. I have moved the database and website to a new (better) server and just the forum is slow as .... I tried to disable all plugins, I tried PHP7. It won't work. I have no idea what the problem is.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: Souza

Yes I don't get it. I have moved the database and website to a new (better) server and just the forum is slow as .... I tried to disable all plugins, I tried PHP7. It won't work. I have no idea what the problem is.

... you have hijacked this topic from jdiaz and it is hard to know who is talking about what ....

in any case could you post a url so we can see ? Who is your hosting company ? What "php 7 doesn't work" means ?

(@souza)

I'm just trying what you advised jdiaz. Not working.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: Souza

I'm just trying what you advised jdiaz. Not working.

Not working means nothing.

1 Reply
(@souza)

Forum is still super slow is what I mean. 

Page 4 / 6