wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum performance

33 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I sent you the log in details per e-mail.

We fixed most of issues. There was conflict with Auto-optimizer plugin. Please make sure you don't have plugins which conflicts with wpForo (ignore SEO plugins). All list is here:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/conflicts-with-other-plugins/

However the main problem comes from your server. It's in very bad condition and it can't work well with your website. i think the resources are very weak or website is heavy. You should change your hosting service or make it more powerful. We're getting Internal 500 server error on each second page load. it doesn't mean you're in Dashboard, on front-end or on forum page. Your server can't perform this site requests, it's to weak or incorrectly configured.:

wpForo works fine and fast if the cache plugin is disabled. I think the cache plugin tries to work with server with mod_fcgid of your server. It doesn't work well and the cache plugin becomes slower and gets stuck.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Currently we disabled Cache, so now Forum works fast.

(@souza)

Thank you, it works fine now. I knew about the hosting, that will be moved to a bigger server this week and that should solve that problem. Thanks for your support, it's really appreciated!

Topic starter
(@jdiaz)
Eminent Member

I disabled WP Super Cache and the result is even worse, 31 seconds to load with 288k posts and 80 forums.

I noticed you use it in your site, would you send me the configuration you use for WP Super Cache?

Thanks.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member
Posted by: jdiaz

I disabled WP Super Cache and the result is even worse, 31 seconds to load with 288k posts and 80 forums.

I noticed you use it in your site, would you send me the configuration you use for WP Super Cache?

Thanks.

Just to clear things. NO caching plugin works well with wpForo. They cache all pages and if something is added/changed/deleted, the caching plugin (page caching) displays the old ones.

So again, the wpForo base page should EXCLUDED in your PAGE caching plugin.

Having said that, your problem apparently is that you ARE caching wpForo and after removing WPSC ... you do not. In the first case you just display a STATIC html page and on the second wpForo does the job.

What php version do you use ? What kind of hosting plan ?

PAGE caching plugins COULD be used ok with wpForo with a very short TTL, like 1-3 minutes, so everything is refreshed quickly. But that somehow is not what most people want with a caching plugin.

(i post PAGE caching in capital because db or object caching is something else, only supported (badly) from W3TC plugin)

1 Reply
(@jdiaz)

Eminent Member

Thank you for your fast reply. We're using PHP 5.6.30 in Google Cloud, the server has following specs:

Machine type
n1-standard-2 (2 vCPUs, 7.5 GB memory) with SSD

The page loads slower without the cache plugin enabled, and only the forum page, other pages take 2-3 seconds to load.
Page 3 / 6