Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Forum - Secondary Usergroups "enrolment"

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@juliatie)

Hi, 

I have a question regarding the forum registration (Secondary Usergroups). We can tick a box for a user to be registered in the forum. Now, if I set this check mark and then update the user, the check mark is gone again. Consequently, the person is not registered in the forum?

Do you know what this problem could be and how it can be solved?

9 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @juliatie,

Please make sure you are using the wpForo latest version(v. 1.7.7) and check again.

4 Replies
(@juliatie)

Hi @alvina,

we updated wpForo a few days ago to the latest version, but it still doesn't work? 

Thanks for your help!

Alvina
(@alvina)

@juliatie,

There is no such issue on our test website. See the recorded video below https://www.screencast.com/t/cRGb0MOW2Dhg

Also please navigate ti the Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug > Tables admin page and click on the "Solve database problems" button, if it exists and checks again.

If the issue still exists please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address to allow us to check.

(@juliatie)

@alvina

Unfortunately it still doesnt work. 

We thought it might have something to do with permissions? Enclosed I have an overview of my permissions. Do we need to set this to something else?

Thank you for your help 🙂 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@juliatie,

Yes it might be. Please try to do the same with a user who is a Forum Admin or WordPress administrator not a shop-manager.

Topic starter
(@juliatie)

Hi 🙂 

It works with an admin account. But is there a possibility to assign the permissions in a way that also a shop-manager can register participants? Because this used to work before?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@juliatie,

What do you mean saying "a shop-manager can register participants"? Do you want your shop-managers to create users in Dashboard > Users admin page?

Topic starter
(@juliatie)

I mean the forum registration (Secondary Usergroups). We can tick a box for a user to be registered in the forum. Now, if I set this check mark and then update the user, the check mark is gone again.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@juliatie,

We just released 1.8.2 version. Please update and delete all caches, then check the issue.