Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] forum / topic levels

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@pawriters)

Hello.   I'm new to wpForo. I'm so new, that I'm still setting it up.   And in don't even know if what I want to do can be done with this tool.

I am creating a website for amateur authors to share and get support for the stories they are writing.

I would like to have at the forum level the genre (Sci-Fi, romance, thriller, etc)

The next level I want to be the story synopsis created and edited by the individual Author, only. Read only for anyone else.
Beneath this is each individual chapter, again, created and edited by the individual Author, only.  Read only for anyone else.
Below each separate chapter are the comments / replies / etc. that can be added by anyone, read by anyone

Is this possible with this tool?

Thanks for your input and guidance.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @pawriters,

wpForo is a forum plugin. Forum plugins don't allow simple users to create forums and sub-forums, they can only create topics and discuss in the topics. So the hierarchy could be:

Category: Genres (top category created by admin)

--- Forum: Sci-Fi (created by admin)

----- Sub Forum: Story Synopsis 1 (created by admin)

--------- Topic: Story 1 (Sticky topic on the top of all, read only, created by author)

--------- Topic: Chapter 1 (First post is the chapter content, allowed to reply and discuss, by author)

--------- Topic: Chapter 2

--------- Topic: Chapter 3

----- Sub Forum: Story Synops 2 (created by admin)

--------- Topic: Story 2 (Sticky topic on the top of all, read only, created by author)

--------- Topic: Chapter 1 (First post is the chapter content, allowed to reply and discuss, by author)

--------- Topic: Chapter 2

--------- Topic: Chapter 3

--- Forum: Romance (created by admin)

------ same here ....

--- Forum: Thriller (created by admin)

------ same here ....