wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Front-end Phrases

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@samhunter)
Reputable Member

Hi,

Just a quick one. I want to change the social networks listed in the member profile. I can see that I can edit the front-end phrases, for instance, change AOL IM to YouTube, and when i do this is displays correctly. However, I'm unable to change the Phrase key. Should I be able to do this? And if I were to create a new front-end phrase, how would I associate it into the relevant section of the member profile?

I might be going about this all wrong but if you could fully enlighten me I'll try to be a fast learner.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi SamHunter,

wpForo phrase keys are used in core functions as variables, those are not allowed to edit.

Topic starter
(@samhunter)
Reputable Member

Okay, so you're not allowed to edit those, but can you see what I'm trying to do?

The fields could be user defined because who is even still using ICQ or GTalk? With so many social media sites today, it needs to allow for that level of diversity. Or the admin should be able to set the fields that are appropriate to the particular forum or community.

A good example is a lot of my users are authors and the forum is about writers. We'd love to have fields for listing where books can be bought and all the author related social media - like Goodreads, for example.

Topic starter
(@samhunter)
Reputable Member

I logged this a while back but now upon the update it becomes more relevant. As a site dedicated to authors, one of the social networks we want to list is Goodreads, among other ones much more current than ICQ. As I said previously, I just changed the front end phrases so there was an applicable box in each profile to list the needed social networks.

As you are now showing icons under user profiles in post, there are a bunch of Skype icons where we have listed our Goodreads accounts.

Please can you set it up so there is a proper way to customise and define the user fields as required? And how can I go about fixing this in the meantime?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

The profile custom field management system is a full-fledged Profile Plugin feature. The custom field management page i not an easy and quick task. This is a forum plugin and we have to work on more forum specific features before we can take a look on this. wpForo user profile system will be under active development and improvement with next middle version (1.2.x).

The phrase changing option is a good alternative, but now you should also change icons and icon file names in /wpforo/wpf-assets/images/sn/

You can also customize template files:

https://wpforo.com/docs/root/forum-themes/theme-customization/

Page 1 / 2