Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Google Captcha conflict

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@philfm)

I recently replaced the keys for my Google Recaptcha for another plugin that I have installed on my website. Unfortunately I forgot to update the keys in WPForo, and can no longer login to /admin.

Where in the database or in the file structure can I update or clear the previous entries?

Thank you

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm sorry but there is no way to update it in database, it's serialized as an array and stored with other options. The only way is changing /wpforo/ folder name in /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Once you changed, it'll be deactivated automatically. Then login, change the folder name back (don't forget do this before activating back wpForo) and activate back wpForo, then navigate to Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab and change keys.

Topic starter
(@philfm)

Thank you very much. Follow up question. The keys I entered were v3. That did not seem to get along well with your plugin so I disabled it altogether.

Can you confirm that Google reCAPTCHA v3 is not yet supported? Or, perhaps I did something incorrect. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Yes, it's not supported. You should use the V2 built-in reCAPTCHA. Using wpForo reCAPTCHA you can secure all login/register and guest posting forms.

1 Reply
(@kiwinho)

For when we will have compativilidad with the new version of google recaptcha v3???

Topic starter
(@philfm)

Thank you Robert.