Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Google reCAPTCHA verification failed

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
10.7 K Views
Topic starter
(@netingenuity)

On bafpaa.org/community, the Recaptcha is failing. I have reverified the Recaptcha key and secret key for the domain bafpaa.org. At first, I had no clue what might cause the problem. Then, I saw that the WordPress Reset Password Form had not been activated, and after I did that, the recapta showed me pictures to verify I was human, which it had not done before. But when I tried to submit it, I still got a failure error. 
Should I delete the domain in my Google Recaptcha account and recreate it? What else may help?  TIA.

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@netingenuity)

Hoping I could resolve this myself, I deleted the domain from my Google Recaptcha account and re-added it but now I get a red error on the Password Reset form: "ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type." When I first re-added it, I had first tried Recaptcha 3. After getting the same error, I repeated this and tried Recaptcha 2/ Invisible; Then Recaptcha 2 /with the default 'I am not a Robot' option. I still get the red error. Please help!

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@netingenuity,

Please read this instruction: 

https://formidableforms.com/knowledgebase/recaptcha/#kb-invalid-domain-for-site-key

(@netingenuity)

@sofy Thank you. That advice resolved the problem. I don't quite get why, for I had replaced the Google Recaptcha code twice before. Third time's a charm.