Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] HELP - Standard access to no access

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jingis)

Hi, when I create a new membergroup it gets "standard access" to all my Forums automatically. I need to edit every single Forum (I have a lot) and I have to manually switch the new membergroup to "no access". It would be great if every new Group I create gets automatically the permission "no access" on all Forums. So I only need to change one!

I thought I just switch the permission, but that does not work. When I change the "standard access" like the "no access" and vice versa it shows nothing. I even created a new permission group with the same permissions like "standard access". But that doesnt work too. 

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi  Jingis,

The only and correct way is editing each forum and changing the access. We'll add a new option in future releases in New Usergroup Creation process to select the Forum Access.

Topic starter
(@jingis)

Thanks a lot.

One more question: Only the Wordpress Admin can create a new Forum. I tried to give the Editor User Wpforo "Admin" privileges but it wont let me access it. I can see it in the Dropdown but when I cick nothing happens. -.-

I tried it like here  https://wpforo.com/docs/root/admins-and-moderators/forum-moderators/

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

As you can see there is no permission for "Can create forum" in this list. Forum management is only available for WP and wpForo admins.