Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How can individuals be sent to a custom URL when they click on one of the forums?

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@larsleif)

Hi,

I already have some content on my pages and am using the shortcodes to add the Wp-Foro Forums.

Because I already have content, I'd like to display forums following the existing content.

Let's say if I have a forum called "mentorship"

I want forum to redirect users to
website.com/existing-mentorship-page-with-content
instead of the
website.com/forums/mentorship 
when clicked.

I'll have my content on this page (website.com/existing-mentorship-page-with-content) and add a forum shortcode to the below.

Is there any way to make that happen?

Thank you

3 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @larsleif,

There is no way to do that. wpForo has only one root, and all shortcodes go to the same root. Shortcodes are only designed to show a list of forums or topics, they are not designed to have different forums in different pages. So all URLs of all shortcode forums go to the main forum and this cannot be changed.

Topic starter
(@larsleif)

Hi @martin,

Thank you for the quick response. 

Is it possible for you to implement this feature in the future? Or isn't there a way to accomplish this by changing one of the WP-Foro functions or using hooks?

It would be great if I could change the URL in the attachment to "/members/international-medical-student" which contains our page for that program.

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: @larsleif

Is it possible for you to implement this feature in the future?

Yes, wpForo 2.0 comes with multi-board feature. You can create more than one forum boards on the same websites. They'll be separate forums with separate base URL like this:

• htps:// example.com/ first-forum/ ....
  • htps:// example.com/ second-forum/ ....