Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How do I add translations?

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Yes, we're aware of this issue. As I've already mentioned in my last post wpForo is not compatible with WPML yet, we're working on this....

(@hdx2016)
Posted by: Robert

Yes, we're aware of this issue. As I've already mentioned in my last post wpForo is not compatible with WPML yet, we're working on this....

I see, well then we will have to find an alternative then as we are a little in a hurry & hopefully we will check WPForo later when WPML will be supported at least for the language selection.

(@ratatuj)

I've started translating it to RU in glotpress and I'm using Polylang. I need the forum interface to be available in both RU and EN, but so far it doesn't show RU forum at all. I mean, I've created a tranlsated version of a default en/community page and put a shortcode into it. But En interface is showing, and RU - empty page. And I've checked in Loco Translate, Russian translation files are there.

I've also seen Add new language in the settings, but I have no idea what XML is needed there... Could you help, please?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Ratatuj,

you don't need to translate wpForo in Russian language, it's a;ready translated and the translation files are there. Maybe you've deleted it using Polylang. Just let me know how are you changing the language? Do you use WPML or other plugins? Please note wpForo is not compatible with Multi-language plugins yet. but wpForo changes language very well if you only use WordPress native language switcher in Dashboard > Settings admin page.

(@ratatuj)

1) I do have ru_RU.po file in my package, and yes, there RU is 99.4% ready.

2) How I change the language: by default the plugin creates sitename/en/community page with it's shortcode. I also created a RU version of this page with Polylang. It is sitename/ru/community-ru (also added forum's shortcode there). Then I see the forum via en/community page it loads with EN interface. Then I use Polylang's language switcher and it redirects me to ru/community-ru page, then it's empty.

3) If I use a language switcher in Dashboard of WP, then, I guess, the forum's interface will be only in one language, which is not what I need.

4) you don't need to translate wpForo in Russian language, it's a;ready translated and the translation files are there.

but in the GlotPress it was absolutely empty till today. Are you planning to use GlotPress in future?

Page 2 / 3