Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How Not to Index Membership and Subscription Profiles on Google (and other search engines)?

6 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
 ipbs
Topic starter
(@ipbs)

Please see  http://prntscr.com/etfew3. Members and subscription profiles are indexed by Google. How to keep these links private and not indexed?

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

It's designed to allow Google to index. User profiles of all forum platforms are always available for index. I'm sorry but there is no way to restrict this with current wpForo version. We'll add this in our to-do list.

3 Replies
(@amir_bani)

Eminent Member

@robert 

Hi I have the same problem and I want the profile of index users to be wasted in Google because of my resources. You said 5 years ago to put it on your to-do list. Have you worked for this topic?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@amir_bani,

This is already added. All user profile links will be changed to nofollow once the "Enable User Profile Page indexing" option is set "No". The option is located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab.

(@amir_bani)

Eminent Member

@sofy

I did this, but why index in a webmaster?

antonM
(@antonm)
Estimable Member

On my forum I enable a restriction for guests to view forum profile, so search crawlers see profile links but cann't to index them. Hope this helps.