Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to activate as a forum user as soon as it has been creted in WP

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@iokinpardo)

Hi team. Congratulations for your fantastic solution created.

I have a doubt about how to give forum permissions to a WP user automatically as soon as it has been created in WP. I know that it can be done manually executing the synchronization, but my issue is that users will be created by an external client LMS so I would like to activate them automatically with Forum permissions as soon as they are created in WP. Is this something already dome? Do I need to add any type of coding or add-on in order to work in this way?

Thank you very much.

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

If the "external client LMS" use WordPress function the synchronization will be done automatically. If not, there is no way to let wpForo know, that a new user is registered.

If you're developers you should write a custom code and add new row in wp_wpforo_profiles table. This row will initiate all permissions and forum profile information. The example of other users data in this table you can find in cPanel > phpMyAdmin > WordPress > Database > wp_wpforo_profiles table.

Topic starter
(@iokinpardo)

Thanks Robert for your Quick response.

I have tried creating manually a user through WP, so using core process and the number of Members inside the Forum remains the same, I mean that the new user has not been added to the Forum members. And I have configured the wpForo User group died this user with Register.

I use a WP multisite installation and the Plugin is activated on the specific site.

Thank you very much.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Forum users must be registered on the forum sub-site. This was requested by many users of wpForo. Now only sub-site specific users (who have registered directly on that sub-site) are being included in forum as member. If you register a user, make sure that user is registered on forum sub-site not in the main site or other sub-sites.

Topic starter
(@iokinpardo)

Users are created in the Sub-site that has the Forum active and they don't appear as Forum members. They are not added to the main Site.

Page 1 / 2