Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to add the user profile to the forum page

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@garyb)

I'm trying to figure out how to add the ability for forum users to edit their profile.  I see the ability on this forum (as per picture).  How do I add the avatar and option to edit to my forum?  Per other posts, I've looked at the spam control and set this to 0.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @garyb,

You need to set 0 for "Min number of posts to be able to edit profile information" option, after setting up that option user would be able to edit their profile info. The option is located at wpForo > Settings > Spam Protection.

Topic starter
(@garyb)

Thanks @Chris. That was one of the first things I did.  My forum does not display the user profile icons such as in the attached image.  Do I need to add some short text to the page?  I've been looking through the documentation and do not see any directions for this.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@garyb,

Please create an account and provide the credentials send it to info[at]gvectors.com, mention this topic in the email and let me know here that the email is sent.

Thanks

Topic starter
(@garyb)

I'm sorry but the club executive would not allow that type of access.

I can see and edit my profile information when I manually update the URL, as here https://tofieldgunclub.ca/participant/2232/.   I just cannot see how to put this link on the forum home page.  As per my previous post, the block of icons that include user profile is not displayed on my forum page.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@garyb,

I guess you're talking about the wpForo User Profile & Notifications widget.

Navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets, and insert wpForo User Profile & Notifications widget in wpForo Sidebar.