Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to DELETE a topic if the first post is no longer there

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@j753k)
Trusted Member

How can I delete this topic?  I cannot see the first post due to 404 error http://pokemongogetters.com/forum/stories/admin-you-made-a-typo-in-the-discription-of-this-subforum/#

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I don't know how it possible to have a topic wich returns 404 error. What have you done with this topic? The only way to delete it is using cPanel phpMyAdmin, browse the _wpforo_topics table, find it and delete. This may be a cache issue too, delete cache and make sure it's not there.

Topic starter
(@j753k)
Trusted Member

I did not do anything, a user created the topic and it 404 errored from the start.. There is no way to delete a topic from within the forum settings?  I do not have cpanel access with my godaddy wordpress hosted account... I do not want to have to delete the whole category.

OMTesla
(@omtesla)

Hello

You should have access to database tables by log in to phpMyAdmin.
For more info on how to connect to your database visit godaddy support.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Ok, I see you're not familiar with hosting service tools. Please install the "SQL Executioner" plugin. Then navigate in Dashboard  to Tools > SQL Executioner page, put this SQL in textarea and click on [Execute SQL] button:

DELETE FROM $wpforo_topics WHERE slug = 'admin-you-made-a-typo-in-the-discription-of-this-subforum'

This will only delete the topic, you don't need to delete whole category.

Page 1 / 2