Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How to display more title in the recent posts view (simple layout) (title shortened)

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@zurcherart)

Pretty happy with my new forum. However, in the default layout (simple layout) the content field are shortened in the recent posts listing. This is especially difficult with the post title because it's too short.

I'm sure there is a way to adjust this but I haven't found it. I'm attaching a screenshot so you see the issue I mean.  For example the title "Being ..." is much to short to be useful for us. 

I'm grateful to know how to adjust it.

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @zurcherart,

Please provide forum URL.

Topic starter
(@zurcherart)

The forum is on our closed intranet.  I'm unable to share it. 

The HTML generated by the WPForo plugin of the shortened post titles is:

<a href="intranet/forums/message-from-kim/being-antiracist-is-a-verb-it-requires-action/#post-24"
title="Being “antiracist” is a verb; it REQUIRES action!">
Being “...
</a>

I see the "title" attribute on the HTML is the full title of the topic (ie. 'Being “antiracist” is a verb; it REQUIRES action!'). The link text is truncated after 6 or seven characters when you generate the HTML. (ie. 'Being "')

I need all the characters to be included as the link text. Is this a setting or can you provide a code snippet for that?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@zurcherart,

Ok got you, navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Display Forum and check "Threaded Layout - Recent topic length" option

Topic starter
(@zurcherart)

Thank you @chris that's what I needed to know!

I thought I was using the simple layout, but when I changed themes from classic to 2020 I think I was switched to threaded (which I had originally).  I thought it was just the theme looked different  (but I wasn't checking for options int he other layouts since I thought it was simplified).

Thanks for your help.  Good forum package.