Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Question on Spam Control and "Anyone Can Register"

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@todds15)

Good day, I have the paid version of WPForo and I have a paid version of Akismet that works with WPForo. My question is do i need to still have the Wordpress settings in dashboard "Anyone Can Register" for people to subscribe to my forum, or can i shut that off and have the wpforo settings do that with registering new people? Not sure how that works? Trying To minimize as much possible spam as possible, but want to make sure one setting on WpForo or Akismet Spam Control is not clashing with the Wordpress setting "Anyone can register.

5 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

There is NO PAID version of wpForo.

wpForo forum plugin for Wordpress is totally free.

Topic starter
(@todds15)

Ok does someone know the answer to my question, other than the mistake I made that had to be pointed out, but no answer was given sorry.....

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@todds15,

This option is not synced with WordPress 'Anyone can register' option in Dashboard > Settings > General admin page. If this option is enabled new users will always be able to register.

(@todds15)

@chris Thank you sincerely and I will do just that, so I am to understand that if Anyone can Register, the button in settings in wordpress is turned off and WPforo allows people to register, then they can?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@todds15,

Yes, the users will be able to Reg in the forum with wpForo, if you want to disable Website registration disable both option.