Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] How to make sure the users cannot be seen/searchable on google if they're not logged in?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dinak)

The platform on our users come up on google search and even when a third party clicks on users, they can see their information. How do I make sure this doesn't happen? 

I saw a solution and tried it, but it isn't working. So all user profile links are changed to no index because I switched the "Enable User Profile Page indexing" option to be set to "No". Let me know what I need to do to hide the user profiles and information from non-registered users. 

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @dinak

I saw a solution and tried it, but it isn't working. So all user profile links are changed to no index because I switched the "Enable User Profile Page indexing" option to be set to "No".

It works fine, but it doesn't work immediately. It seems your profile pages had been already indexed by Google when you turned it off.

Another good solution is disabling these permissions for the "Guest" usergroup in Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page:

• Front - Can view members (disable access to member list)
  • Front - Can view profiles (disable access to profile pages)

Topic starter
(@dinak)

It's already been a week since I made the changes. So, hopefully, google crawls again and sees that it's not accessible anymore. I just disabled the permissions and it worked! Thanks, Robert