Clear all

Script How to make the reply topic "Quote" section non-editable

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@tarifhossaingmail-com)

Hello,

I was wondering if I can make the topic Quote reply section non-editable (screenshot) attached. 

This is because when user2 is quoting user1's post, I want that quoted part shows within TinyMCE editor non-editable, so the statement remains intact and user2 replies against it. Also if the non-editable quoted section can be added into a class, this can be added some style to make the quote section standout within the editor (screenshot added). 

Is it possible?  

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Posted by: @tarifhossaingmail-com

I was wondering if I can make the topic Quote reply section non-editable (screenshot) attached. 

The current view is very user-friendly, so we cannot change it. The view you're looking for can be found in the "Preview" section. Previously, we had a similar view in the editor, but it was difficult to navigate, especially entering and exiting the quote area, which led us to adopt simple shortcodes in response to numerous user requests.

Topic starter
(@tarifhossaingmail-com)

I understand, however I was thinking the "Quote" should be non-editable in order to keep the original quoted message from above intact and not editable, used for reference and comment on it. Displaying directly on the editor (the blockquote preview). 

Is it possible to apply the previous code like a snippet to replicate that feature on the editor? since you have mentioned you had this feature before?

Many thanks

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@tarifhossaingmail-com,

The previous was editable too. I'm sorry but there is no way to rollback this feature.