wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to set a member as a Moderator

23 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
20.8 K Views
Topic starter
(@peterwangbiz)
Estimable Member

How to set a member as a Moderator in wpForo? Thanks.

22 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi  peterwangbiz,

you can change it on frontend (on current user Member Account Page) as shown in the screenshot. 

1 Reply
(@peterwangbiz)

Estimable Member

Thank you!

According to what you say, it seems any member can set himself as a forum administrator?

I guess maybe there is some misunderstand - I don't want to set myself as a Forum Moderator,  I want to set another person (he is already a member of this Forum) as a Forum Moderator. 🙂

I've try to login as an ordinary member in the way your advised , what I saw is different (pls see screenshot attached) - no "User Group" there. 

Another Question: 
If I don't want the members to see each other in "members" page, how should I set?

Thank you!

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

According to what you say, it seems any member can set himself as a forum administrator?

No, this option is only available for Admins. You should login as admin, then go to a user Profile > Account page and change it. The same thing you can do in Dashboard > Users > Edit user screen.

Topic starter
(@peterwangbiz)
Estimable Member

The screenshot attached ------ Please let me know if I have gone to the right place. If yes, which one should I choose? Thanks.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This is Wordpress User Roles. This is not wpForo Usergroups. Make sure you're admin in WP and in wpForo, then do a bit more scroll down and find this option:

Page 1 / 5