Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to use recaptcha.net instead of google.com in wpForo's reCaptcha integration?

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@crescendo)
Eminent Member

The issue is very simple - google.com is blocked in some countires (such as China), so reCaptcha won't work there. The usual workaround is to replace google.com with recaptcha.net.

How would I do this in wpForo? I understand wpForo itself has a built-in integration with reCaptcha, but its settings page doesn't include any relevant options for this. I suppose I need to modify some wpForo file?

Just if anyone's curious: I've already set up reCaptcha for my wpForo forum and it works perfectly well; it just doesn't work for users visiting from Chinese network.

3 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

I don't think you can do what you ask with wpForo forms.

So you can use the standard Wordpres login/register pages and i guess in there you can use whatever you want.

2 Replies
(@crescendo)

Eminent Member

@dimalifragis sorry if it's a dumb question, but how would I replace wpForo login/register pages with the WordPress version?

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @crescendo

@dimalifragis sorry if it's a dumb question, but how would I replace wpForo login/register pages with the WordPress version?

Put the standard Wordpress links in here: