4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
spider
Topic starter
(@spider)
Trusted Member

Hello,

I'm trying to solve what's wrong with my site but I'm out of ideas. I make new page, write the title as "add-topic" and copy paste the [wpforo item="add-topic"] shortcode as HTML. So there's no even <p> tags. 

Then, all I got is a blank page with only the title. I have tried it with forum id too, still the same result. Interestingly, I also cannot edit the page after I publish it. Again a completely blank page. I had to delete and remake the page on every trial.

By the way, I have a contact page and it's working with its own shortcode. No problem for it.

I changed my theme. Deactivate siteorigin page builder. Clear the cache everytime. Translate the add-topic title and tried it like that. In the end, nothing helps.

I see the add-topic code and the page is working here. So what's wrong with my site? Any idea?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @spider,

There is no such issue on our test website.

It seems there is a plugin conflict. So, please try to deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each deactivation to find the problem maker one.

2 Replies
spider
(@spider)

Trusted Member

Thank you very much @alvina

I was lazy about trying to deactivate plugins one by one. It's the "WP-Optimize – Clean, Compress, Cache" plugin. It worked after I deactivate it but then I just activate it and wpforo shortcode is still working. Weird to me. I still cannot edit the page although tried deactivating all plugins. I guess it's also about my theme files or something.

In addition, on my site, visitors can add topic as guests but on add-topic page they can't see the topic form without logging in. 

Alvina
(@alvina)

@spider,

In addition, on my site, visitors can add topic as guests but on add-topic page they can't see the topic form without logging in. 

Please navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups > edit the "Guest" usergroup and make sure the "Can access to add topic page" CAN is checked.