Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] I now get the email notifications but no longer "bell notifications"

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, I finally sort the "problem" I used to have an not only me, but also the rest of the users gets their emails notifications to posts they are subscribed too etc, so good 🙂

However, on my particular case as admin (Im not sure about other "ordinary members")... as soon as I start getting the emails, at the same time I stopped getting "bell notifications" when I visit the foro...

I now, as far as I know, told the "program" NOT to send me any more emails but I keep receiving them, are many despite I have so little trafic. And plus, I no longer see any notifications on the Bell. I would have thought that once I selected to stop receiving emails I would get back the nice feature of the bell notifications but my changes on the configuration admin page seem have not taken effect and I keep receiving emails

Even I have "canceled" my subscriptions on my front end profile account

And I perhaps doing a sume of "wrong things"? how its this supposed to work? Or perhaps I just need to clear some cache? I clean the caches quite often

Thanks 🙂

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@jesus,

Currently, forum Notification notifies for:

• - New reply in your topic
  • - New reply / quote to your post
  • - New like to your post
  • - New up / down vote to your post

So if someone creates a new topic you'll get the email notification, but the forum notification will notify nothing. 

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Sofy 🙂 - so you meant that my "bell notifications" works just like any other ordinary member, but not on myself with extra-ordinary "power" as an administrator, correct?

Emails: I tell you what happens here at my end right now

On my email I get (as you said):

- Replys to myself

- Quotations to myself

- Im NOT GETTING email notifications when some1 creates a topic

Can I swap the configuration to achieved exactly the oppossite as its happening now?

I also used to get, but I am longer getting *thought I think I know where the problem is as I changed something yesterday

- I dont get New Registrations (today a new person registers and I got not email) but again, I think I know where the problem is and this very point can be leaved alone FOR NOW 

Thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

so you meant that my "bell notifications" works just like any other ordinary member, but not on myself with extra-ordinary "power" as an administrator, correct?

Yes that is correct. 

Can I swap the configuration to achieved exactly the oppossite as its happening now?

wpForo has a built-in Subscription Manager tool that makes subscription easy. It can be found in My Profile > Subscriptions page. Just navigate to the page and check your subscriptions.

- I dont get New Registrations (today a new person registers and I got not email) but again, I think I know where the problem is and this very point can be leaved alone FOR NOW 

Make sure the "Stop Sending Emails to Admins on New User Registration" option is disabled. It's located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Sofy!.

About your last comment: on config:

Got it and everything starts getting into place 🙂

Dont discard other needs but I need things to happen/not happen in order to  become aware of. There is not much movement on the foro so far to check so easily 🙂

About your previous advice on the subscripcion on my very profile:

A question:

So whatever I tick in there, will affect to the emails I will or will not receive, or to the notifications that will show on the "bell"?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions. Things are getting there slowly but certainly and soon your nightmare - myself 🤣 - would be over 😀 

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@jesus,

So whatever I tick in there, will affect to the emails I will or will not receive, or to the notifications that will show on the "bell"?

No, this will affect only for email notifications. The bell Notification notifies only for:

• - New reply in your topic
  • - New reply / quote to your post
  • - New like to your post
  • - New up / down vote to your post

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Ahhhh, great, things starts to make sense then.

I was crazy trying to get to work things were not supposed to work. No wonder I was getting crazy here 🤣 

Thanks Sofy 🙂 and as far as I can tell, this topic could then be closed I believe!