Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Important please: There is a definitive solution for hiding the nickname on replies?

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@jonas)

First of all, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this wonderful plugin, without a doubt the best forum plugin for WP. I'm in love with it. That said, I am facing a problem and I need help. I have already researched all the documentation, the topics in this forum and the internet and I still haven't been able to solve it, and as I believe it is a problem that affects many users in regard to privacy, It would be great to find a solution.

The problem occurs when someone on the forum replies to someone else and that person's nickname appears in the post. As many membership plugins use the person's email as a username, and WP ends up using that same name to define the nickname, we have a serious privacy problem.

I know that each user can modify this on the front end through their personal profile, but that does not solve the problem of the forum administrator. We need a solution that allows modifying this without requiring users to do this one by one. The option to disable the mention in Settings > Features is not working. Not even two pieces of code that were shared on the GVector forum and that promised to solve the problem worked.

I believe that given the importance of the subject, some solution could be offered. It would be a terrible sin for such a good plugin to have to be abandoned because of something that doesn't seem very complex to solve for anyone who understands code. Please tell me that there is a solution for this? Thank you.

2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Thank you @jonas,

I'd suggest you read the following two FAQs:

Topic starter
(@jonas)

Hi Sofy, thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I did read it and tried that code in the second link, but the nicenames are still showing. Maybe  because my website is not just a forum, and the forum is just part of it? I don't know, I know nothing about coding, sorry. Just trying to discover a way to make it work. There are some other place where that code should go in that case?

Again, thank you so much for your attention.