Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] clean visual appearance

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@kunstblume01)

Dear community,

please give an advise, if my post is not on the correct position, or a question like this currently exists.

---

I want to clean the visual appearance of my forum, to make it clean as possible and easy to use.

At the "front page" of the Forum I reached the goal, but if you click on a "subforum" the appearance change and you get an additional header, subscribe button and add topic button. The "add topic" button is okay, but how can I remove or hide the header and subscribe button. 

To move the add topic button to the side bar would be optimal.

the subforum, which i want to change

the "front page" I'm sattisfied with

Thank you!

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

@kunstblume01,

To remove the extra spaces use this code: 

#main #content-wrap {
      padding-top: 0 !important;
}

The CSS codes should be added in the "Custom CSS code" textarea, located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles Tab.  

Please don't forget to delete all caches and press Ctrl+F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking to reload the updated CSS file

To hide the subscription button read this post: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/removing-subscribe-button/

To move the add topic button to the side bar would be optimal.

We're really sorry, but there is no solution for this. 

Topic starter
(@kunstblume01)

@sofy

Thank you for your helpful reply!

In the area above the Forum is still an area with nothing. Is there a possibility to slide up the content directly under the header? It seems to me that the area consist of two areas, the "subforum-sep"? and the head-bar which looks too hight. Is there any possibility to clean up this area?

Thank's a lot!

Example of the area with nothing about the Forum

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@kunstblume01,

Use this code as well:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-head-bar-right, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-action- link, #wpforo #wpforo-wrap {
   padding-top: 0;
}
.wpf-subforum-sep {
     display: none;
}
Topic starter
(@kunstblume01)

@sofy

ingenious, thank you 🙂

Â