Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to Backup?

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@blackcemre)

I will rewrite Wordpress.
How can I back up my topics in the wpforo plugin?.

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi blackcemre,

Please let me know what you mean saying "rewrite Wordpress"? Will you wp_users and wp_usermeta table stay or they will be removed? If you keep these to tables it's you also can move all _wpforo_* tables from old website to the target website.

Gorillax
(@gorillax)
Posted by: Robert

Hi blackcemre,

Please let me know what you mean saying "rewrite Wordpress"? Will you wp_users and wp_usermeta table stay or they will be removed? If you keep these to tables it's you also can move all _wpforo_* tables from old website to the target website.

Maybe he's talking about what I did.
Delete and completely reinstall the plugin, return settings to default but then back up so you do not have to create categories and topics one by one.
It would be great to know how to do this. I'm researching on Google as I always do to find out how it works, but I've only found this question so far.

I'm trying to find where the forum structure information is stored, including topics and categories. I have not yet found the wpforo folder inside the plugins folder inside the wp-content folder.

I backed up the database that wpforo uses, I also backed up the entire public-html folder but did not find this information to restore.
It would be very sad not to have a backup of such a basic thing. But I'm sure it has a shape.

I would be very grateful if you can do the restoration including the settings I made in the forum item in the admin panel of Wordpress.