wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Increase post title character limit

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Atom
Topic starter
(@atom)

Hello.

can anyone help with increasing the character limit for post titles?

also, is there a way to remove the requirement of the post body? I just want people to be able to post a paragraph in the title and forego writing anything in the body.

Thanks for all your help.

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @atom,

can anyone help with increasing the character limit for post titles?

There is no limitation when you create topics. Here you can use any number of characters.

Probably you mean a topic text length on widgets or somewhere else. Please explain using some screenshots, where you need to increase. 

also, is there a way to remove the requirement of the post body? I just want people to be able to post a paragraph in the title and forego writing anything in the body.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow you. Do you mean hiding all formatting tools on the text editor? 

3 Replies
 Atom
(@atom)

Hello.

Thanks for replying back.

Please see attached screenshot.

1: It lets me write as much as I want to write but it only shows ~250 characters after I post it.... and i'm not sure where the rest goes.

2: I'd like a way for someone to just write something on the title and post it-- without writing anything else in the body.

(If its not possible that's fine.. but if someone tries to post without writing in the body, I get an error message and the screen is refreshed, losing the text in the post title.)

~~

Thanks.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi Atom,

I'm going to ask wpForo developers if it is possible. I'll back to you asap.  

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

Hi @atom,

I'm sorry, but this cannot be reached using wpForo. 

About the first one: in the database title field it's not allowed to save more than 250 symbols. This cannot be changed.

The second one is not possible at all. 

There is no way to add topic without content. The structure of the classic forum's topic is the title (The title is necessary for search engines) and the topic body, that includes detailed information. It cannot be missed.