wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Login questions

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Live
Topic starter
(@live)
I have three questions on our forum which you can find on livetube.tv/forum

1. As you can see we have put Login and Register in the sidebar. I understand that we could include the correct links with a custom menu. However then we would lose the graphic element. Right now though, Login and Register is not dynamic and we are also not able to show Logout. How have you done it on your support side, to show the graphics but dynamically depending if the user is logged in or not.

2. We are using Google Authenticator for admin login. We are only showing authenticator on the second page after login for people who really need it. It works all well on our main admin login page. However if admins try to login via the forum, the authenticator (which should show up secondary) causes a php error. 

3. Is it possible to use Password Reset redirect from WP Foro to WP Foro and from our admin login to the admin login or is a change always effecting the entire system and leading all password reset to WP Foro.
2 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team
Posted by: @live

1. As you can see we have put Login and Register in the sidebar. I understand that we could include the correct links with a custom menu. However then we would lose the graphic element. Right now though, Login and Register is not dynamic and we are also not able to show Logout. How have you done it on your support side, to show the graphics but dynamically depending if the user is logged in or not.

Please read this FAQ: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/login-problem-menu-is-not-changed-and-weird-logged-in-behaviour/

2. We are using Google Authenticator for admin login. We are only showing authenticator on the second page after login for people who really need it. It works all well on our main admin login page. However if admins try to login via the forum, the authenticator (which should show up secondary) causes a php error. 

This issue doesn't have any relation with wpForo. Please not wpForo doesn't have any relation to user registration and account creation. It's being handled by the WordPress side.

We see a lot of js errors on your website. Probably those errors caused the issue. 

3. Is it possible to use Password Reset redirect from WP Foro to WP Foro and from our admin login to the admin login or is a change always effecting the entire system and leading all password reset to WP Foro.

I'd suggest you enable the "Replace Reset Password Page URL to Forum Reset Password Page URL" option. It's located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab. 

Live
Topic starter
(@live)

H Sofy,

thanks for your response.
We are actually familiar with all what you are writing and this is not answering the questions.

On 1.:

I want to understand, how we can show a logo like yours in the sidebar for the LogIN, LogOut, Register process. 

We can easily put in the word LogOut with your descriptions, but this would not show what you have on your own site.

So the questions is: How can we achieve what you show on your side. Currently we have just embedded a picture with  a link to register and login (check on www.livetube.tv/forum) but this of course is not including any of the expected behaviour.

On 2:

Could fix this by activating the buttons in the widget. Please ignore!

I do understand that this is caused by the Authenticator plugin. There should be a secondary page appearing for Google Authenticator Login as it does for every other login page integration. 
Only with WP Foro it does not go to the secondary page.

When we disable secondary page it all works, and your login page shows the Authenticator field. However we do not want to show this to all users, but only the ones who have to sign in with Authenticator. Thus the secondary page solution.

So in short:
I would like to rebuild the behaviour you show in your forum. However there is NO widget for Login/ Logout. 
How did you build the Register/ Login behaviour? How can you show the button (not just in writing) for LogOut?
See screenshots below.

on 3:

We are aware of the settings. 
However, my question was: Is there a setting
- > leading Passwort Reset requests from WP Foro to WP Foro template

-> leading Password reset Admin Login Page to Admin Login Page template

Or is the setting in WP Foro ALWAYS affecting the entire Passwort Reset process of the page. 

So the question: Can we split the behavior?

Many thanks for your help

Tim