Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Mobile responsiveness - menu and posting

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@rideshareguides)

About ready to launch, but the forum is not working on mobile as expected.

The forum menu does not come up when pressing the icon of the three lines that should bring up the pulldown forum menu. Hence, there is no way to register or sign in, so no user action.

Secondly, when trying to reply to a posted topic, nothing happens when pressing reply, not even flickering.

site: rideshareguides.com/forum

theme: Knowledge Base and WP has been turned to wpForo

The actual theme menu comes up when pressing the icon of the three lines for the theme menu, but one has to do it twice.

Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated.

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

All comes from your rocket plugin. I don't know this is cache or optimizer or something else. I recommend disable it for forum ages. At least for /forum/* . That's not compatible with wpForo on your webite and you have no chance to use them together. Turn off all optimizations, minifications, caching and other things on forum pages or just remove the rocket plugin.

Also please disable wpForo Debug mode in Forums > Settings > Features admin page.

Topic starter
(@rideshareguides)

We don't have WP Rocket installed on the forum subfolder. It is installed on another site/subfolder, but deactivating it had no effect. Also disabled the debug mode, no effect.

Then, since you mentioned caching, deactivating WP3 Total Cache worked. Tried to play with the settings, but couldn't get that caching plugin to work, but now the forum works on mobile when using another caching plugin.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Don't install/run caching plugins and optimizers or CDNs until you get a stable WP site and forum. You will not know from where the problems came from.

As for W3TC, it is the world's most problematic cache plugin i have ever seen.

(@1sharonkat)
Reputable Member

As for W3TC, it is the world's most problematic cache plugin i have ever seen.

It is problematic in some cases not all. it is all a matter of combinations of installed addons and so. I'm using WP Super Cache.

For each of my sites I have a sub domain for testing/staging. If all OK I move to live, if fails I restore and start again with another addon until I find the right one for me.

Page 1 / 2