Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Most important settings, greatest impact/affect on Forum operation and use

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@crbedd)

Greetings! I am trying to put together this HCT Forum www.maxfulfillment.com/hctforum that is completely new or “greek” to me. 

I am reading, rereading the documentation for these categories/tabs---Forum Accesses, Topics & Posts, Members, Emails, Features, Styles and API’s.  But not understanding or comprehending exactly what is written, what to do or not to do for most of it. 

I am thinking that some settings in the categories are okay the way they are or it won’t make much difference how they are set.  But what settings are important, that do matter, will have a greater impact/effect on the Forum and the way it operates and is used.  

Thanks, for any guidance, suggestions or assistance,

Randy

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@crbedd)

NOT SEEING LEAVE A REPLY

I did a test or tried HCT Forum www.maxfulfillment.com/hctforum out on my cell phone and two other phones.  We were able to see the topic, post but not Leave a reply.  After the text box, it would go right to All forum topics.

Likewise, on my laptop I was able to see Leave a reply but two others laptops that opened up a topic, post were not able to see Leave a reply.  It went from the text box to All forum topics. 

Maybe it has do with the settings that were brought up in the post above. 

So thanks for any assistance or fix. 

Randy

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@crbedd,

It seems you've not checked it as a logged-in user. Please login to your forum and you'll be able to see the reply section. 

I'd also suggest you read Robert's answer in this support topic: https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/create-a-forum-that-subscribers-are-unable-to-add-topics-too/#post-19309

Here he's explained the steps that'll allow you to get more info about the wpForo settings regarding the forum accesses. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Also start by totally REMOVING that plugin you have activated:

W3 Total Cache
Topic starter
(@crbedd)

Sofy, Anonymous20, Thank you, thank you for your assistance.  Much appreciate.

I deleted the W 3 cache and copy and pasted Roberts in my wpForo notes for reference. 

Regards, Randy