Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Multi Site May have broken My forums

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@infotranscendent-studio)

Dear Support and wise users.

I have a multisite setup on my word press, and I easily set up forums on my first site. (thank you this addon is More than I could have imaged, and could probably ask for.  You are giving PHPBB a serious run for their money. And it is right inside of WordPress 🙂

Well back to the issue at hand.  I created a new test site and went to the dashboard to see if I could set up some forums in that site as well.

When I went to the forum section there was a warning about needing to create some new something (sorry I did not pay attention as I thought it was simply creating forums for the new site) 

However, ow when I go to add or work with the forums under Forums->Forums->Categories and forums there is no forum listings and when I try to add a new one nothing shows up.   

This error is occurring on both my first page and the new page.

The main page forum is still accessible by link and seems to be working but no new forums are being added when I try to test add a new one.  There is also a page for the forum on the new page but I am unable to add or modify the forum in any way from the dashboard

Could you help me make sense of this error and resolve it as I plan on having forums on many sites of my multisite and don't want to mess it up again 🙂

Attached are pictures of my forum options in the dashboard of the main site

Thank you 

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thank you @infotranscendent-studio

This is not a warning message. This is a section for tips.

I think this is an installation issue. As far as i see you have two forums in two sub-sites, right? If so, you should activate wpForo one by one on those website. Please don't do Network Activation. Just activate those from Dashboard > Plugins admin page of each sub-site. Now I recommend deactivate those and activate using that way. Then navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard of each sub-site  and click on [Delete all caches] button.

If you still have that issue, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug > Tables and fix database errors, then navigate to Errors & Issues Tab and let us know what errors you see.

4 Replies

@robert

Thank you for your almost instantaneous reply 

I tried deactivating the addon on the main network admin but every time I go to check on one of the other sites it shows that it is already network active.  And when I go back to the main admin it shows active again.

The dumping of the cache seemed to correct the problem on the main site, but the problem comes back (either when I switch between sites or try to disable the addon in the main network admin)  I can make it go away again by deleting the caches again. but I don't know if I am goofing it up by checking the status of the addon.

The second site I can not get to work at all.  and when trying to add a new forum there is no parent option at all in the drop-down on the right and even when I set as "use as category"  The forum is still not created in the second site.

In checking the Tools->Debug->Tables it shows no errors in either forums install

Thanks for your communication and help

What would you recommend I try next?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@infotranscendent-studio

If you don't have important data in forum of the sub-site, please uninstall it. Use uninstall button not the Deactivate. Then delete all caches and install it again.

@robert

Thanks I will give it a try 

It seems to be working Great Robert

I will have to put in all my forums again but at least I know how to move forward 

This is why we test first 🙂

Thanks again for your help