Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] My forum disappeared after updating to version 2.0.x.

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@denda)

Hi! My forum disappeared after updating to version 2.0.x. Updated following instructions here: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/getting-started/update-to-wpforo-v2/

There are no widgets. In the WP Appearance/widgets admin, I get an error message: "The block "wpforo_recent_topics" has been affected by bugs and may not work properly. See the developer tools for more details."

Even "Troubleshooting Database Problems" in WPfora Administration Tools/Database Tables didn't help. And even a command run directly on the database didn't help:

Some solution please?

Topic Tags
4 Replies
Topic starter
(@denda)

I would also like to add: the site is in a development environment, the live version has not yet been updated.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@denda,

Go to wpForo > Boards, edit the board you see and change the board slug to tmp-board .

Then execute the SQL again, you can see the SQL command in wpForo > Tools > Database Tables Tab. Just click the [Solve Problems] button, if it doesn't solve, then execute the SQL commands in phpMyAdmin database manager of your hosting service.

There should be only one board and the board ID should be 0.

Then go to wpForo > Overview admin page, scroll down and click the [Delete all caches] button.

2 Replies
(@denda)

@robert 

Yeah! Yes! Thanks for the advice, it helped. The forum is alive!

But I still have a problem with wpforo widgets - "No 'wpforowidgetsRecentPosts' widget registered in this installation."

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@denda,

Please specify which step helped to solve the issue.

Posted by: @denda

But I still have a problem with wpforo widgets - "No 'wpforowidgetsRecentPosts' widget registered in this installation."

Try to deactivate and active wpForo again.

Also, you can use Classic Widgets plugin to enable the classic widgets, it may work.