Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] My icons are too big

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ijbine)

Hi, 

The icons of my Foro show themselves in a big size, i don't understand why. Never touched CSS or anything.

Any ideas why it shows that big (and without space with the words aside) and how to solve it please ? Thank you very much ! 

PS : the problem is both on computer and phone.

6 Replies
Topic starter
(@ijbine)

Hi dear Admins of WPForo ! First, thanks for your amazing work guys.

I have a problem, i use WPForo and i just noticed that icons have not a normal size when i compare to the other websites using it. 

I looked into all settings but I didnt find anything to solve the problem. Moreover, I didnt touch anything with CSS or stuff as I dont have the skills to do it. 

Is there a reason for such problem, and a solution ? Thank you very much !

A link to see how it shows : https://lesplainesdusilence.com/forums/blabla/

Thanks you very much !

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @ijbine,

Either your current active Theme or some Plugin converts Font-Awesome icons to SVG icons. It affects all wpForo icons as well. Please check all options of your theme and plugins and find the one which does this unintuitive thing. The option name should be something like "convert icons to SVG" or "User Font-awesome as SVG icons". In any case, this cannot be fixed from wpForo side. You should find and disable this feature.

1 Reply
(@ijbine)

@robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answer. Sadly i checked every plugins and their settings, nothing there. 

I changed my theme, the problem was still there. 

I turned off every plugins (just Jetpack and Akismet remaining but can't turn them off + nothing about SVG in settings) off and still have the problem.

It's strange, when you look the forums the message icon shows normaly  https://lesplainesdusilence.com/forums/autoedition/

But when you chose a forum then the topic icons just show bad https://lesplainesdusilence.com/forums/blabla/

Cursed I guess 🙁

Topic starter
(@ijbine)

I've noticed that the problem disappears when I switch from simple layout to threaded layout as you can see in pictures.

Is it possible that it is then a problem of Font to SVG icons ?

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ijbine ,

This is the SVG issue for sure, I can show it with browser console screenshot as well.

The layout doesn't matter. The problem exists on all layouts, but it's not visible on all layouts.

In any case. If you decide to go back to wpForo, don't forget to disable the cache before checking the icon issues. You have a cache solution on your website that's way you couldn't see the correction when you had switching themes or disabling plugins. Your cache were not allowing you to see fixed icons.

(@ijbine)

@robert Thanks Robert, 

I have installed Asgaros to see if I have the same problem (they use Font aswell) but at the moment everything looks clean. 

But i want to find the problem and I like WPForo style, so I will try what you said, I will reinstall WPForo and then disable cache before switching theme and switch off plugins, I'll let you know if i find something !