Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Need help!

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@inhaler)

Any dev around?

I tryed to install the forum part under my WP install but its some flaws in there.

Second. every plugin for this costs a shitload of money which results in i wont use wpForo ever !

Its so many forumengines where you free plugins.

So.... do you have any extensions hat are free?
And why cant i add the topics to my forum to be visile, and why cant i changed the theme? 

5 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @inhaler,

Please let me know what exactly doesn't, I couldn't follow you. I'd recommend deactivate wpForo and activate it again. Also please leave you server information here. You can find that info in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

And, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Debug Tab > [Error & Issues] Sub-tab and let me know what errors you see.

1 Reply
(@inhaler)

First of all, i cant change the theme.
Second, the topics dont show up on forum page.
3. the right boxes like you have here i cant get to work.

4. Does ALL your plugin cost alot of money?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

First of all, i cant change the theme.

wpForo doesn't have any reation to WordPress theme. I don't understand what theme do you mean? wpForo doesn't have themes yet, there is only one classic theme in Dashboard > Forums > Themes admin page and this cannot be changed because there is no other forum themes yet. There are three forum layouts, and you can set those to the parent categories/forum according to this documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

Also, there are six colors styles. You can change them in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles admin page. After changing you should delete all caches and press Ctrl+F5 on forum front-end to reset browser cache. The style documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-settings/style-settings/

Second, the topics dont show up on forum page.

What forum layout you use? If you use the Simplified layout there will not be any topic on forum page. Only the Extended and Q&A layout have topics on forum list. Please eep reading the documentation, you need to know some base things to be able use this forum:

3. the right boxes like you have here i cant get to work.

Do you mean the sidebar? Please leave screenshots... If you mean sidebar and widgets, you should find widgets and put in wpForo sidebar in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets admin page. Please read this two short documentations:

wpForo Sidebar

wpForo Widgets

wpForo is free and it comes with almost all features to create a professional community. So just keep reading the documentation and you'll be able create a supper forum totally free with wpForo. wpForo cost is $0.

(@sodemieters)
Eminent Member

wpForo is free and it comes with almost all features to create a professional community. So just keep reading the documentation and you'll be able create a supper forum totally free with wpForo. wpForo cost is $0.

I do not consider a PB function exclusively for a professional site.
That is also a reason that I am looking around for another forum, because it is expensive to purchase it.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I don't really understand what are the wpForo plugins "that cost a LOT of money".

All i see 25$ to 35$.

Not to mention, that most of the things we need is already included.