Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] New Topic redirecting to 404 when not logged in

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@tyler79)
Trusted Member

Is there a setting in the dash that lets you redirect the new topic button (when someone is NOT logged in) to either the login or redirection page? Right now it just goes to a 404 page.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @tyler79,

It should not redirect to 404 page. Please leave some example URL to allow us to check it. 

3 Replies
(@tyler79)

Trusted Member

@sofy thanks but i think I figured it out right after. I had to exclude the login page from wordpress defaults to wpforos manually in the settings. That now redirects to the wpforo login. Oddly the login button at the top still goes to wordpress's login

the site in question is fuktos.com

please keep in mind the site is a bit of darker humor.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@tyler79,

It seems you've customized wpForo menu and damaged menus. Please follow the instruction below to make those correct.

1. Find the wpForo Navigation Menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus admin page. Make sure all items have the correct Shortcodes

• Register: /%wpforo-register%/
  • Login: /%wpforo-login%/
  • Logout: /%wpforo-logout%/

2. Then Navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Members admin page and make sure the following fields are empty in Custom Authorization URLs option fields:

• login
  • registration
  • password-reset

I'd also suggest you read this FAQ and check the points mentioned there: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/login-problem-menu-is-not-changed-and-weird-logged-in-behaviour/

(@tyler79)

Trusted Member

@sofy awesome, thanks. I had shortcodes with my site in them. Not sure why, its been a long time since I set anything up and read anything. Kind of starting to get back into this (setting things up) after a LONG break. Im reading that faq link now.