10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@themag)
Eminent Member

Hi, 

I am facing two points:

1. To subscribe to my web site and especially the forum, when you fill the fields which I can control from the admin side, I am unable to add the field of "password" please advise, although I can see it under the fields manager tab. some screenshots are attached for reference.
  2. Another point, when new subscribers try to use Hotmail, usually they receive an email to validate their email ID, then they should be able to set their password. the issue is, non of these email validators get through to Hotmail however it is receivable to Gmail and other mailers, please advise?
9 Replies
Topic starter
(@themag)
Eminent Member

Hi, 

Regarding point #2, suddenly all mailers don't receive validation emails i.e. Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo. 

Urgently help plz 

regards 

8 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@themag,

To subscribe to my web site and especially the forum, when you fill the fields which I can control from the admin side, I am unable to add the field of "password" please advise, although I can see it under the fields manager tab. some screenshots are attached for reference

This is not the right place to ask this question. This is the wpForo support forum. Here we only support the core wpForo plugin. All questions related to the wpForo paid add-on should be asked in the gVectors.com support forum.

Another point, when new subscribers try to use Hotmail, usually they receive an email to validate their email ID, then they should be able to set their password. the issue is, non of these email validators get through to Hotmail however it is receivable to Gmail and other mailers, please advise?

Please check the 1-6 points in this FAQ topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/problems-with-user-registration-email/

(@themag)

Eminent Member

@alvina

Hi - The first point is core plugins as i am inquiring about the subscription to the forum, so please advise?

On another note, two more issues i am facing as following:

1. When i added a new topic to the forum, a notification is sent to my email as the main admin however the content of the message is not the right one, it has sent me the same content that is supposed to be sent to the new subscriber as for to validate the email prior setting the password - see screenshot attached. given the other admin receive the right email notification
  2. when the user request for a password reset, i noticed a link to my web admin is added to the email notification that the user received once he requests for a password reset, please advise?
(@themag)

Eminent Member

@alvina

attaching another screenshot related to the last message 

(@themag)

Eminent Member

@alvina - something weird just happened. I have submitted one inquiry at gVectors support about one of the paid addons, i have received an auto-reply with this message in the screenshot, what i have noticed the same error which i just reported and found the title of the topic is written in the message.  

Alvina
(@alvina)

@themag,

1. When i added a new topic to the forum, a notification is sent to my email as the main admin however the content of the message is not the right one, it has sent me the same content that is supposed to be sent to the new subscriber as for to validate the email prior setting the password - see screenshot attached. given the other admin receive the right email notification

2. when the user request for a password reset, i noticed a link to my web admin is added to the email notification that the user received once he requests for a password reset, please advise?

Please leave your forum URL.

Also please make sure in the "New User Registration Email for user" the message body content looks like as in the screenshot below. The option is located in the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Emails admin page.

something weird just happened. I have submitted one inquiry at gVectors support about one of the paid addons, i have received an auto-reply with this message in the screenshot, what i have noticed the same error which i just reported and found the title of the topic is written in the message.  

It because your reply was moved by admin.

(@themag)

Eminent Member

@alvina

here is the link as requested Https://thesecurityhub.org

can you share again the screenshot you referred to? thanks 

Alvina
(@alvina)

@themag,

can you share again the screenshot you referred to? 

Sure here is the referred screenshot: https://www.screencast.com/t/fw53ToiTQS9i

(@themag)

Eminent Member

@alvina

Hi @alvina
The message content is as you shared however i still have the same issues raised above, plz advise? thanks