wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] No reg and reset password emails

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@stan1z)
Trusted Member

Hello,

My forum stopped to send e-mails with links to get new password after new user registration or password reset. Recently it was OK.

E-mails with notification abot new reply, mention, etc. are sent normally.

The user  is registered correctly, but there is no e-mail. When I try to reset a password, there is even no green notification from top of the window "Email has been sent" after click on the submit button, the login page is opened.

What can I do to locate a problem?

May be the reason is that I recently disabled wp-login.php (it is redirected by server to /community/members/?foro=signin)?

7 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @stan1z,

Please leave your forum URL

6 Replies
(@stan1z)

Trusted Member

@martin, my forum is http://waralbum.ru/community/

(sorry, its in Russian)

Well it seems to me that the reason is exactly wp-login.php. When I make it available from the web again, e-mails became to work. It's a pity that I should keep wp-login.php availbale, because I get a lot of spam registrations even with reCAPTCHA.

(@martin)

Support Team

Thank you @stan1z,

How have you disabled the wp-login.php? Have you disabled the "Anyone can register" option in WordPress Settings > general admin page?

(@stan1z)

Trusted Member

@martin It was disabled in server config with redirect to wpForo's login page. Whould  "Anyone can register" option in WordPress prevent spammers from using wp-login.php to register? 

(@martin)

Support Team

@stan1z,

Yes, it may help. But before that try to enable wpForo reCAPTCHA for all registration forms in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab:

(@stan1z)

Trusted Member

@martin Yes, these options are already on, but doesn't help. I'l try switch off  "Anyone can register"? thanks!

(@martin)

Support Team

@stan1z,

And please install the Akismet plugin, it has the best spammers' database. Even if spammers register manually as a normal human the Akismet may detect them.