Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Not Receiving Tag or Subscripted topic notifications

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@andrea-noronha)

Hi! The users of my forum are not receiving notification emails when they have been tagged on a post or when they subscribe to a topic or when somebody replies to their subscribed topic.

How do I fix this?

4 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @andrea-noronha,

The most of email sending issues are server and site-specific issues so we can't help in these cases. We have a good list for website admins to find the reason and fix it. please read this FAQ post:

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/not-receiving-automatic-replynotificationconfirmation-emails/#post-5344

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

wpForo doesn't handle email (smtp) but Wordpress script does.

So install some plugin (for a while) that handles smtp that provide extended debug logs of email activity.

This has been talked many times, search a little bit.

Topic starter
(@andrea-noronha)

@sofy @massimoD Thank you for your replies!

The problem is a bit more specific. Forum users do get emails from wordpress upon registration and get an email notification when the admin or moderator tags them or replies on their subscribed post. However, no email notification is received when another user replies/ tags on the very same post. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@andrea-noronha Please follow my suggestion, since there is NO other way to debug this. Install a SMTP email plugin with extended logging. And see what exactly happens to your emails.

I would suggest GD mail queue. Enable logs and check. Or use any smtp (sending) email plugin you want.

That way you will see what happens to the lost emails. Are they send actually from wpForo or not ? If no email is recorded out of wpForo then it is a wpForo problem, otherwise something else is wrong.

Also (a long shot) you could enable standard Wordpress Debug to a LOG and check if any errors are recorded.