Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Notification alteration

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@caitie-easypeasy)

On the forum we would like for the notifications(when you click on the bell) to be specific to the forum and topic. How would I go about editing the notifications?

5 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @caitie-easypeasy,

How would I go about editing the notifications?

I'm sorry but there is no way to edit the notifications.

Topic starter
(@caitie-easypeasy)

Thank you for replying! @alvina

What about by editing the code of the plug-in? I figure it is a pretty easy fix, but I have spent a couple hours racking my brain on how. The only thing I have found thus far is the notification phrases in phrases.js but I haven't a clue on how to alter them properly... and if that would even function as desired.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@caitie-easypeasy,

As far as I understand you want to change the notification phrases? If yes, then please note all wpForo phrases are located in Dashboard > Forums > Phrases admin page. You can find and change each phrase as you want. 

If you can’t find some phrase at first navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page, click on [Rebuild phrases], then try to search the phrase again.

https://www.screencast.com/t/vbCkCDIk

Topic starter
(@caitie-easypeasy)

Yes. I would like for the phrase to reference the Forum it is located in, as opposed to the post title. Currently it says "RE: Post title" and I'd like for it to say "In FORUMNAME" instead.  I hope that makes sense.
We have some forums that require more admin attention and would like to be able to handle those notifications before the others. Unless you can think of a better way to prioritize certain subscription notifications over others.

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@caitie-easypeasy,

I'm sorry but there is no way to do that.

Please note the sequence comes from the created data. And you will get the notification only when you make a post and the other user make a post on the same topic.