Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] On homepage, topic links now direct to first post in thread

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

I'm not sure this is a bug or an intended change, but since updating to the 1.9.9 version (previously was running 1.8.2) I have noticed that links to threads on the homepage now direct to the first post in a thread rather than the post of the user that is featured.

If this is an intended change, it would be nice if there was an option to choose, or perhaps a button could be added next to the user's username so that people can go directly to their post.

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @rosabeth,

This is not a bug, in wpForo you can choose one of the two option` Topic Links jump to the first unread post, or Jumps to the First post. You can choose one of these options by Topic Links Jump to First Unread Post option which is in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab.

Rosabeth
Topic starter
(@rosabeth)
Eminent Member

Hi @Chris, thanks for the response and explanation, and my apologies for the delayed reply.

I had actually noticed this feature, but found that when I enabled it, the thread links on each forum page would also jump to the first unread post. Since there's already the arrow button next to the username that takes you to the latest post, as well as the "new" buttons for first unread post, I would prefer that the basic thread links on the forum pages always direct to the first post.

For now, I will leave this enabled because I think having the links on the homepage direct to the first unread post is more important, but if this could be taken into consideration for future updates, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@rosabeth

I will send this function to our developers to consider for the next release.