Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Override CSS?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@bstein)

What's the preferred way to override some of the default CSS.  For instance I'd like to add underlining back to the links in the forum.  I've added the CSS into the CSS dialog on the styles page but the CSS file from the wpforo theme still seems to be winning, even after setting the override CSS in the style form to !important.  Is there another option?

Thanks

Ben

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Ben,

Could you please leave the URL and your CSS code, perhaps your theme CSS has more influence than your custom code.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Benjamin,

wpForo theme file overwriting method is only available for PHP files. You can do this with CSS files yet. This is already in our to-do list. We'll add it very soon. At the moment you can change the CSS file in this file:

/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpf-includes/wpf-hooks.php red marked part:

if (is_rtl()) {
wp_register_style('wpforo-style-rtl', WPFORO_TEMPLATE_URL . '/style-rtl.css', false, WPFORO_VERSION );
wp_enqueue_style('wpforo-style-rtl');
}
else{
wp_register_style('wpforo-style', WPFORO_TEMPLATE_URL . '/style.css', false, WPFORO_VERSION );
wp_enqueue_style('wpforo-style');
}

The doc: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_register_style

(@jwpaps)

Is this implemented yet, other question, if I'm doing the method you are suggestion, how do I know if a upgrade changes that file? Do you expect me to read all changelogs?