Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Please help! problem with link and profiles

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@darkness)

Hi, I have a problem. So I have a revolution slider image on Forums and thats how I want it. But I can also see the image on www.webpage/forums/profile is there a way to have no image on the profile page but still get the image on forums page. Also the URL is www.webpage/forums/profile/ I would like the url for member profiles to be linked to www.webpage/profile/

Is there a way to link the profile widget/page to some other page like www.webpage/profile

I dont want "Forums" sliders at the top of the profile page, also don't want www.webpage/forums/profile to be the link.

I tried adding a page with the shortcode to show only the profile stuff on a new page but it didn't work.

[wpforo item="profile" id="25"]

example of problem

the profile page..

https://imgur.com/a/iztB3h2

the forums page. this is fine..

https://imgur.com/a/FfOwR0Y

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @darkness,

So I have a revolution slider image on Forums and thats how I want it. But I can also see the image on www.webpage/forums/profile is there a way to have no image on the profile page but still get the image on forums page

Please show on the screenshot which part you'll need to hide, and leave your forum URL to allow us to check and provide CSS solution for you. 

I dont want "Forums" sliders at the top of the profile page, also don't want www.webpage/forums/profile to be the link.

This cannot be reached if you enable the "Turn WordPress to wpForo" option. Please read this doc before enabling the option: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-page/turn-wordpress-to-wpforo/

1 Reply
(@darkness)

@sofy

So I done as you said, it fixed the problem with the slider and URL is now www.website.com/webpage/profile/

But now I have no forums. everything is gone its just a blank page.

I added these to Exclude page URLs.

www.website.com/webpage/forums/profile/

www.website.com/webpage/forums/

www.website.com/webpage/webpage/home/

www.website.com/webpage/webpage/

www.website.com/webpage/webpage/account/

+lots more

I also have a problem with loading my main page, because I have a loading screen. it just hangs on loading image, if I go to www.website.com/webpage/home it loads the main page no problem

also have a problem with many other pages like /webpage/account/username/

also is there a easier way to add all sub pages like

www.website.com/webpage/gallery/

www.website.com/webpage/gallery/images

Topic starter
(@darkness)

Ok, so that didn't work, fixes one problems creates a load more.... wish there was a option to put the profile onto a different page or change the URL link. that would solve all my problems... It thinks the URL for  www.website.com/webpage/forums/profile/ is the same url as www.website.com/webpage/forums so it pulls the slider and url from forums... I can't share my page because its hosted locally atm.