Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] my topics keep disappearing

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Lexxx44
Topic starter
(@lexxx44)

I'm setting up my new forum and i've just gone back to check some things and loads of my topics (subcategories) have gone!

I still have the category, but all the topics below it are gone. So I've just gone to re-create some. And within 10 minutes they've gone again!

What is going on here? Any ideas?

Thanks

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @lexxx44,

I don't follow well. 

It seems, at first you've created some new X forum, then created some topics in this X forum, after that, you've changed the X forum and make it as Category, so the topics have been disappeared.  

Categories are the top level forums, which are designed to group similar forums in a separate section on forum home page, they only for forum grouping purposes, there is no way to add topics in categories and they don’t contain topics.

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@lexxx44 Have you ever checked for problems, errors, db errors in your installation and on wpForo in particular ?

Also a URL could help if you want/can.

Lexxx44
Topic starter
(@lexxx44)

thank you. I had a web developer makes some tweaks to it to enable me to use it for tag-based access. After much faffing I realised that whenever I applied tags the forums stopped showing on the WPforo dash despite still being 'there' (on the system). It's now being looked at.