wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Posts deleted in database still show up on front-end

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
nylex
Topic starter
(@nylex)

Hello!

Recently someone set up a script to spam my forums with thousands of racial abuse posts. I tried to delete the user (and automatically their forum content) but the sheer volume of posts caused it to hiccup and now the posts remain with the author just set to "anonymous".

It was far too many to delete manually so I entered the database and deleted them all from there. 

However, the posts are still visible from the front-end, sort of. They show up but visiting them will show an empty post. Is there a way to remove these posts from being visible front end? 
I really appreciate any help possible! 

6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

There are several tools inside wpForo to check/fix things. Have you tried them?

Apparently you didn't deleted correctly (when manually).

nylex
Topic starter
(@nylex)

Thanks for the reply,

I've tried everything I know possible. Which tools would you recommend? 

I definitely used the correct method of deletion as I've done it countless times before (Simply deleted the member, then clicked "Delete all WpForo content") however since there were thousands of posts to delete I suspect it got overloaded and crashed midway through deletion which resulted in the posts still being there but no member/author. 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

You said that you entered the DB and manually deleted those? Or i got it wrong?

The tools i mentioned are those:

nylex
Topic starter
(@nylex)

Oh sorry, yes I entered the DB to delete the posts only after the manual attempt didn't work. I have indeed tried those tools but to no avail:( 

Page 1 / 2