Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How to make new user to get approve manually before creating post and profile.

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@adhyansh21)

Hi team,

I am using WPFORO on my site classmate4u.com and created a forum.

However, some users are repeatedly creating online gambling or other objectionable profiles that are giving me google AdSense policy violations continuously.

I want every user to pass through moderation for creating profiles as well as posts so that they can't create spammy posts and profiles.

Please help me to achieve this. 

Topic Tags
6 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Not related to your issue, but your page is FULL is crashes. You MUST fix all of them.

1 Reply
(@adhyansh21)

@dimalifragis Thanks for updating me but do you have any suggestions regarding my abovementioned problem.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

As i posted, my reply was not related to your issue. If you have your pages crashing, this is the first you should care.

As for your question:

1. Currently there is no way to moderate profiles for wpForo. This will be improved in wpForo 2, next month (or so). The users should have some posts before creating/editing their profile. A solution for now is to moderate ALL new users manually, with some Wordpress plugin.

2. For posts, you can tune whatever you want with wpForo options (antispam, usergroups).

2 Replies
(@adhyansh21)

@dimalifragis thanks for the suggestions. But when I see pages at my end everything looks fine.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@adhyansh21 Nope, you are not, press F12 and see the errors in your browser console.

Anyways, this is all i can offer as help.

Topic starter
(@adhyansh21)

Thanks again