Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Problems with social login

4 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@isaac)

I am using a social login plugin. When I register or login as a guest, the rest of the website (such as the comments section) is indicating that I have successful logged in. I can even post comments. But the forum is causing problems. Whenever I try to reply to a post or add a topic, it brings the register or login pop up. However the top menu shows 'logout', meaning that I have logged in. I have tried clearing the cache and changing settings but nothing. 

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I think the social login plugin doesn't create wpForo profile for new registered user. Try other social login plugins and check new registered users, because the old users have already incorrectly created in database.

Also want to let you know that next wForo version comes with Facebook login button (in a few days). If the Facebook is enough for you I'd recommend deactivate your social login plugin. We'll also add Google+ and Twitter login in future releases.

1 Reply
 serd
(@serd)

Trusted Member

Great news indeed! Any update when it is coming?

(@mrsamg)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Robert

Also want to let you know that next wForo version comes with Facebook login button (in a few days). If the Facebook is enough for you I'd recommend deactivate your social login plugin. We'll also add Google+ and Twitter login in future releases.

Best news ever!