[Closed] Profile Activity tab, multi-board topics not showing up

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@chancy426)

Hi,

Question 1.

After I tried out many forum plugins, I decided that WpForo works best for us because we really need to have multi board functions. The issue is that in the Profile Activity tab, for all of our additional boards (except the main board), it doesn't show up the topics when we click on that Forum's tab. 

For the main board (ID 0), it shows up. The other boards it's showing as no topics. I tried deleting the board and set it up again, but it seems to be the case.

Can someone help me take a look?

Question 2.

Another question I want to ask is, I will have many boards. Kind of like a book/movie community site. I want to give each board a custom page wrap using elementor. 

I noted that it will automatically add every single board onto the profile page's activity board tab. If I have like 5 it may look ok, but if I have like 50 boards, it may not have enough room. Is there anyway to make the activity tab page to show all topics across multiple boards and not have it separated by boards? Or only show up the board's label if the user posted in that board before?

Thanks!

3 Replies
BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi @chancy426 ,

Posted by: @chancy426

For the main board (ID 0), it shows up. The other boards it's showing as no topics. I tried deleting the board and set it up again, but it seems to be the case.

Are you sure that the user has created a topic or post, and that these topics and posts have been approved by moderators? The Profile > Activity page shows only the topics and replies that have already been approved by moderators or admins, and the topics are not set as private.

If I have like 5 it may look ok, but if I have like 50 boards, it may not have enough room. Is there anyway to make the activity tab page to show all topics across multiple boards and not have it separated by boards? Or only show up the board's label if the user posted in that board before?

We do not recommend creating a large number of boards, for example, 50 boards. If you want to create separate categories for each group (e.g., books, movies), you just need to create separate categories and forums within one board. Your conversations will be separated by categories. You can create multiple boards for creating multilingual boards, for example.

1 Reply
(@chancy426)

@blackraz Thank you for answering my question! The first issue is fixed now. I think it was cache or something. I uninstalled WpForo and reinstalled it and it took care of that issue.

I wanted to use the Multi board function because I thought that moderation group can be set differently for each board. I looked into it more and noticed that it's not true. 

Do you have any suggestions on how I can set up unique moderators for each forum? Like for Forum 1, User A, B are moderators. They can not moderate in Forum 2, who User C, D are moderators.

The only way I see it is to set up additional member groups. I'm not sure if I overlooked something, or if you may have other suggestions?

Also, another reason why I want to do Multi boards is because I want to do forum specific search which putting them into one board won't do. Is there this feature in work or is it possible for me to request this service via customized support?

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Do you have any suggestions on how I can set up unique moderators for each forum? Like for Forum 1, User A, B are moderators. They can not moderate in Forum 2, who User C, D are moderators.

You can create a user group for each forum group and assign the necessary permissions to moderate those forums. Then, add the required users to those groups.

Also, another reason why I want to do Multi boards is because I want to do forum specific search which putting them into one board won't do

Currently, wpForo has an "Advanced Search" feature that allows you to select the specific forum or forums from which you want to perform a search query.