Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] WpForo sync Tutor LMS

9 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@chingiz)

Hello there, I built an LMS platform on the site with Tutor LMS. Also, I use the Social discussion side with the wpForo. but I have an issue with user profile updates like uploading profile pictures or about descriptions, on the Tutor dashboard don't change anything like the profile picture name bio. I tried with chat GPT but doesn't work,

PS: I use the Ultimate member plugin (if this will help me to integrate 3 plugins with each other)

Ai write me this code: 

function wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio($user_id) {
$bio = get_user_meta($user_id, '_tutor_profile_bio', true);
update_user_meta($user_id, '_tutor_profile_bio', $bio);
}

add_action('personal_options_update', 'wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio');
add_action('edit_user_profile_update', 'wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio');

function wpforo_avatar_sync($avatar, $id_or_email, $size, $default, $alt) {
// Your WPForo logic to get avatar URL
$wpforo_avatar_url = WPF()->member->get_avatar_url($user_id);

// Update Tutor LMS avatar
update_user_meta($user_id, '_tutor_profile_picture', $wpforo_avatar_url);

// Return the original avatar
return $avatar;
}

add_filter('get_avatar', 'wpforo_avatar_sync', 10, 5);

function wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio($user_id) {
// Get the bio content from WPForo
$bio_content = get_user_meta($user_id, '_tutor_profile_bio', true);

// Update the Tutor LMS bio content
update_user_meta($user_id, '_tutor_profile_bio', $bio_content);
}

add_action('personal_options_update', 'wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio');
add_action('edit_user_profile_update', 'wpforo_do_hook_update_profile_bio');

8 Replies
(@himadrigoswami0gmail-com)
Eminent Member

Is this a recurrent error?

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

Hi @chingiz ,
Hello! It seems you're discussing an integration or synchronization between Tutor LMS and wpForo, but your messages are not entirely clear. Could you please provide more details or clarify your request so I can assist you better?

4 Replies
(@chingiz)

@blackraz Hello and thanks for answering me, I know my entry is a little bit un-understandable. I think the problem is that I don't find Tutor LMS logic for profile details. I will clarify with Tutor's plugin codes. if I don't get any solution, then I reach your helpful community.

(@chingiz)

@blackraz Hello again, I wrote mail to Themeium (TutorLMS) they told me the TutorLMS uses the WordPress default option to save details on the data table. as you can read bellow emails

Dear Rashed and Themeum Team,

Thanks for replying to me. but I do not agree with you on this point. because as you can see in the first attachment (named LMS dashboard) I added a profile photo and bio with Tutor Dashboard, but in the WordPress users list as admin, I cannot see the user's profile picture and biography as you can see is in the second attachment( named WordPress front-end). I hope this great team will help me as soon as possible. Have a good day !
regards,
Chingiz
Dear Chingiz,You are welcome. We are using WordPress's default user system and function. You may contact that plugin author to know how their plugin is working.

Dear RashedThanks for answering me.okay if the plugin uses a different data table, could you please provide details on how the tutor saves user details with php? I will create a custom solution to when users add data on the tutor dashboard or wpForo, data will sync with each other.--

Thanks for contacting Themeum support,We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Currently, the feature you mentioned is not available in Tutor LMS. Because the wpForo uses a separate data table and Tutor LMS uses WordPress default users data table. Thank you for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance with any other aspect of Tutor LMS.

Hello there, I have a small issue could you please help me? the issue is when on wpForo user profile edit like uploading a profile picture, or write about me ~ bio. It didn't appear on the Tutor user dashboard. but it shows well on the WordPress user's page. I tried to find the logic code on the template and template function and template hook code on the tutor include folder. but I can't find a working script or action script to automate with Wordpres and wpForo as well. o hope your best team will help me. thanks in advance.
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@chingiz Can you please next time hiding emails from public view? You are feeding scrapers that way, using those to spam.

(@chingiz)

@dimalifragis oh yes, its my bad.

Topic starter
(@chingiz)

Lastly they write me back this:
You are checking the wrong field. On WordPress profile picture loads from  https://gravatar.com/ . Also, we don't provide any customization-related support. So, in that case, we can't help you anymore.

BlackRaz
Admin
(@blackraz)
Contributor

@chingiz

As far as I understand, you are requesting customization and the synchronization of profiles between your Learning Management System (LMS) and wpForo. For such specific requests and customizations, I recommend reaching out to our pro support team.

https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#customization