wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Recent Post Widget

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Jason
Topic starter
(@jason)

Hi 

I've added the recent post widget like what is here on this forum. I have a section of my forum that is only visible to logged on users, but the widget shows posts from that section even to guests (who are not logged on).

Is this a widget problem or have I not configured something ?

Thanks !

4 Replies
(@j753k)
Trusted Member

How did you install the recent posts widget?  I do not see it anywhere..

OMTesla
(@omtesla)
Posted by: Jason

Hi 

I've added the recent post widget like what is here on this forum. I have a section of my forum that is only visible to logged on users, but the widget shows posts from that section even to guests (who are not logged on).

Thanks !

Hello

Not know if wpForo have such but i can recommend WPFront User Role plugin it have such functions to set who can see specific widget you create.

The free version is enough but if you want to set Users by roles then need pro version for that.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: Jason

Hi 

Thanks !

It depends on Guest Accesses, make sure you've set NO ACCESS for users in that forum permission settings. wpForo hides widget posts for people who don't have read access for according forum.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: j753k

How did you install the recent posts widget?  I do not see it anywhere..

Navigate to Appearance > Widgets and put wpForo Recent Posts / Topics widgets in any sidebar you need.