wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Registration Issue

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@jatin)
Eminent Member

Hi Wpforo team,

I am using WP Approve user plugin and it's working fine but the issue is when someone registers on my site and even if I do not approve the user on the approve user page it shows in Wpforo members page ?

I understand until I approve user will not be able to login but it should not even show on members pages in wpforo as it's not an approved user.

----

There are lots of spam registrations on my site even though I have enabled WP approve user and recaptcha.

I know these methods help but not 100% stop the spam. But my question is how to identify the difference between a legit user registration and spam registration because sometimes it looks legit.

What you guys are using for SPAM control just reCaptcha?

Thanks

5 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @jatin

I understand until I approve user will not be able to login but it should not even show on members pages in wpforo as it's not an approved user.

I dont think inactive members do show any more,t hat was coded out a while back. 

You might be getting spam from that Fish guy? The guys who make accounts, activate it, and then add company details to their profile? 

Some spam account actually do active their account and change their profile info, you gotta keep an eye out for those

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @jatin

I am using WP Approve user plugin and it's working fine but the issue is when someone registers on my site and even if I do not approve the user on the approve user page it shows in Wpforo members page ?

The unapproved status of WP Approve user plugin is not recognized by wpForo. wpForo checks active/inactive user status based on the email confirmation status. Make sure your registration is based on Email Confirmation step then install a real spam protection plugins like Akismet, CleanTalsk or something else: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/antispam/

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Also, it's a good idea to read other users topics related to the spam:

(@jatin)

Eminent Member

@robert Which one are you guys using for this forum to control the spam ?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@jatin,

Alsimet + CleanTalk, but you can use pother solutions. All are good: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/antispam/