Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Removing WP user data from Registration Page

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@thewildrambler)

So wp is putting in the user meta data on the registration page and I would like to remove this but can't seem to figure out how. 

Any help would be appreciated!!

7 Replies
Topic starter
(@thewildrambler)

This is the section I am trying to remove

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@thewildrambler,

Please let us know if you added those fields via the wpForo – User Custom Fields addon. If so, please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Member Fields > Register Form tab and remove the fields you don't want to use. 

(@thewildrambler)

@sofy I did not add the fields via wpForo. I believe they are being added from wp user fields

(@thewildrambler)

@sofy User Fields are created in the Advanced Custom Fields added to the default user profile of our website.

Is there a hook or filter or action within the plugin that I can use to programmatically remove those fields?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@thewildrambler,

It'd be better to contact the Advanced Custom Fields plugin support and ask them to remove those fields from the wpForo registration page. Probably there are some settings you should configure correctly. In any case, they'll better know how to fix this. 

(@thewildrambler)

@sofy

We have custom fields created using Advanced Custom Fields that are attached to the user profiles. They cannot be removed/deleted as they are used for a variety of reasons on the site. We need to know how to prevent those fields from being output on the User Registration page for the forum registration. Simply hiding them with CSS is doable, but since they are required fields it would cause validation errors. We simply need to know how to have them not output on the forum registration page.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@thewildrambler,

Please follow this support topic. The solution is already provided there.